At the first AnalyticsCamp, someone asked about free tools for analytics. This list is a living document meant to answer that question (some of these tools are entirely free; others have free entry-level accounts). If you have a favorite, free tool that isn't listed, please add it. Add new categories if needed.
You might like the resources for learning analytics, too.
- Crazy Egg - website heatmaps
- Five Second Test - web usability test
- Google Analytics
- Quantcast - competitive media measurement, hybrid model if you carry their tag.
- Tynt - see what content users are copying from your site, track clickbacks
Social media analytics
- Klout - Twitter influence
SaaS BI Tools
- In2Clouds - predictive analytics for SalesForce
- Youcalc - Ad-hoc reporting for 140+ SaaS systems
- Zoho Reports
- R - free software for statistical computing and graphics
- R Studio - free development environment for R (beta, 2/28/11)
- Companies in Social Media Analysis - directory of 400+ companies worldwide
- Monitoring Social Media Before You Have a Budget
- The Impoverished Social Scientist's Guide to Free Statistical Software and Resources
- Software for Data Mining, Analytics, and Knowledge Discovery, KDnuggets
- 85 Twitter Tools, Andrew Lennon