AnalyticsCamp is the silo-busting unconference for analytics. Whatever flavor of analytics you work with—web, email, social media, marketing, healthcare, enterprise BI, hard sciences, you name it—this is the place to meet and learn from interesting people in the field.
Where and when?
- Saturday, May 4, 2013, 8:30 AM-5:00 PM (Schedule)
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
4727 University Drive, Building 2
Durham, NC 27707 Map
- Registration is open.
- After you register, please join the LinkedIn or Facebook group to connect with other participants.
- If you're proposing a session (or if you're invited to lead a session), you still need to register to help us plan for the right number of people.
- Analytics Camp 2013: Data Built to Last, Roger Austin
- Analytics Camp 2013: Data Visualization, Roger Austin
- Analytics Camp 2013: Brain Friendly Presentations, Roger Austin
- Analytics Camp 2013: Making Segmentation Work, Roger Austin
- Analytics are a hot topic, and the evening events don't have enough time to dig in.
- Analytics are divided by functional silos, but their work is starting to overlap.
- Three main objectives:
- Learn from each other
- Meet people with similar interests, especially people working in the other analytics silos
- Build and strengthen the local analyst community
How does it work?
- Free admission, low overhead
- Local event intended to attract primarily local folks
- Unconference format to create a participatory environment
- Agenda designed to attract different categories of analytics pros
- Career track for students and others interested in in analytics careers
- How to prepare to attend an unconference
We're using the unconference format, in which the actual agenda will be determined on the morning of the event. We'll invite some experts to present, to ensure that we cover some major topics and to help people see the value in the day.
Major topic areas we expect to cover:
- Web analytics
- Social media analysis
- Customer analytics (includes some of social media, web, email)
- Text analytics
- Business intelligence
- Data mining / predictive analytics
- Data visualization
- How to start a career in analytics
We've started a list of session ideas for inspiration. If you plan to present a session at AnalyticsCamp, please add it to the proposals page. The final agenda will be determined in our opening session and posted to the sessions page.
Planning & Logistics