We should aim for a good mix of beginner and more advanced sessions, and make sure we cover the interests of the groups we want to participate.
This is a list of ideas for inspiring potential session leaders. For committed proposals, see the proposals page for a specific event. The final grid will be posted on the sessions page for each event.
- Getting started with Google Analytics
- Using web analytics to measure the right things
- Measuring email campaigns
- Getting started with Tracking QR Codes
- Introduction to social media analysis
- Monitoring social media with or without a budget
- Introduction to data visualization
- Introduction to text analytics
- Introduction to customer segmentation (RFM, cluster analysis, association rules)
- Introduction to customer lifetime value
- Introduction to predictive analytics & data mining
- Introduction to behavioral analytics
- Case study on one of the above
- I'm having a problem on x - can we discuss solutions or possible solutions?
- Personal data mining, the "quantified self", "the data-driven life": analytics on your health, time management, browsing, communications, etc.
- Mining Twitter and blog content to predict real world events (stock movements, political outcomes, box office returns, other)
- Visualization + data mining
- Testing strategies for web marketers
- Using Design of Experiments instead of Multivariate Testing
- Server-based versus beacon-based web analytics
- Competing approaches to measuring social media
- Analyzing geolocation data in social media and mobile web
- Information design
- Using statistical and data mining software in conjunction with web analytics packages
- Possibly some aspects of Data Mining Camp (http://www.meetup.com/webmapsocial/boards/thread/7887925/) could be incorporated
- Challenges in vertical market X
- Discussion of algorithm X
- Programmable Web: how to get started with web APIs and mine data from sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
Vision & strategy
- Overcoming the silo-ization of data and analytics
- Strategy/tactics for data warehousing + BI + analytics - tying it all together
- Word-of-mouth measurement: influence or advocacy?
- Assessing where your organization is in an analytics maturity model (doesn't necessarily matter which one) and what to do
- Creating a more data-driven organizational culture
- BI / analytics competency centers
- What is this "Big Data" of which you speak?
- Where is all this going? What do "analytical competitors" look like in the future? How will the cloud enable firms who couldn't do "analytics" before?
- Analytics as a business
- Starting an analytics company in the Triangle
- What companies look for in analytics positions
- How to build an analytics skill set
- Ask the Recruiter(s): What companies are looking for now